Josh C
Josh C, Technician
Experience:  I have been an electronics technician for 17 years, Tv's VCR's, DVD players, home and car audio.

How do you replace the lamp in model # WD-60735

Customer Question

How do you replace the lamp in model # XX-XXXXX?
Category: TV
Expert:  Josh C replied 4 years ago.

WelcomeCustomer

if you pull gently on the speaker cover underneath the front of the set, it will "pop" off, civing you access to the lamp door, just left of center. If you remove the screws holding the cover on, you will be able to access and change the lamp!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Josh,

I apologize, but I am having trouble with these directions. The TV is very large and it sits on a TV table. Do I need to remove the TV and lay it on the ground to perform this? Additionally, do I need to replace the housing or should I just replace the lamp?

Expert:  Josh C replied 4 years ago.

OOPS!

I actually gave you the instructions for the previous model of this set!

This is the procedure for the WD-60735:

KEEP THE SET UPRIGHT DURING THIS PROCEDURE, DO NOT LAY IT ON IT'S FRONT PANEL.

Lamp-Cartridge Replacement:

Removing the Old Lamp Cartridge

1. Turn off TV power and allow the lamp to cool for at

least one hour before proceeding.

2. After the lamp has cooled, remove the cover of the

lamp compartment, located on the back of the TV - (the door will be visible on the right hand side as you face the back of the set)

Use a #2 (large) Phillips screwdriver to loosen the screw securing the cover.

Keep the screw and cover for re-installation

3. With a large Phillips screwdriver, loosen the two

shiny screws securing the lamp cartridge until they

disengage from the mating threads. These are

captive screws and cannot be separated from the

lamp cartridge.

4. Fully open the bag supplied with the replacement

lamp and set the opened bag aside.

5. Gently grasp the handle of the lamp cartridge and

pull the old cartridge straight out.

CAUTION: Do not tilt or rotate the cartridge, as

small glass fragments may fall out.

6. Without tilting or putting down the lamp cartridge,

insert it into the opened bag. Close the bag while

being careful not to let any glass particles fall out.

Installing the New Lamp Cartridge:

1. Do not touch the glass parts of the new lamp cartridge.

Insert the new cartridge into the TV in the

same orientation as the old cartridge. Push on the

cartridge housing until it is fully seated.

2. With either your fingers or the screwdriver, gently

tighten the two shiny screws. If using a screwdriver,

AVOID OVERTIGHTENING!

3. Replace the plastic cover and retaining screws.

4. WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUGHLY, AS THIS

LAMP CONTAINS MERCURY.

Edited by Josh C on 11/26/2009 at 4:15 AM EST
Josh C, Technician
Experience: I have been an electronics technician for 17 years, Tv's VCR's, DVD players, home and car audio.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
.