Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

We have gray bars on each side of the screen. This is rather

We have gray bars on each side of the screen. This is rather annoying and we would like to know how to get rid of them. They are actually quite wide and detract from the picture. It actually comes up on the screen "gray bar", besides actually having them.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Edited by Expert TV on 11/24/2009 at 1:33 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The only thing attached to the t.v. is the satellite dish. Of course without it there would be no picture. Oddly enough if we put the t.v. on menu which puts the picture in the corner the menu screen does not have the gray bars, but the small picture up in the corner does have them yet. Our second t.v. which is also satellite does not have the gray bars.

Ok I need you to look on the satellite remote and the tv remote...

Do you see a button that says FORMAT or PICTURE SIZE? If yes, press this button a few times until you get a picture over the whole screen.

If you do not see this button, let me know and we will continue.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes we have tried that button. It makes no difference. Sorry I did not specify that in my original answer.

Did you try it on both remotes, do both remotes have that button?