Steve, Technician
Experience:  Over 40 years experience ISCET Certified in Biomedical & Consumer Electronics

My 32 inch insignia flat screen just had its screen hit and

My 32 inch insignia flat screen just had its screen hit and now looks "Cracked on the inside when on. Can I get a replacement screen or should I just buy a new flat screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
Hello, unfortunately, the price to replace the screen usually far exceeds the price of a new TV. Many top name 32" TVs are now selling for less than $400, and the lower tiered models are less than that.

Also, a new replacement screen may be very difficult to find. It may be possible to find a used screen at or even Ebay (use caution): if you find a broken TV with a good screen on Ebay, it may be easier to just swap the PC boards (if the TVs are identical).

Or, if you do decide to replace the TV, you may want to contact to see if your broken TV has any salvage value. This may help offset the cost of the new set.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help in any way.