Eric, Technician
Experience:  TV Repairman for over 30 years, still working in the field

I have a 62 inch Mitsubishi DLP television that had the bulb

I have a 62 inch Mitsubishi DLP television that had the bulb go out. I have put a new bulb in but the television still does not work. The timer light is flashing constantly and it will not reset. What else could be wrong with the television and how do I fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

Hi my name is Eric,

I can help you with your issue,

You most likely have a power supply problem, there are capacitors that go bad, sometimes they look swollen and its obvious,

other times you can check the voltage to verify if they are working or not doing their job properly. Another issue is that a keyboard button is stuck , run your finger across the buttons to make sure none are stuck in.

This Tv is not easy to work on, so doing it yourself is not a reality for most people.

The technician may try to replace the capacitors or may decide its best to order a new board or send the board in to be rebuilt.

The capacitor repair should be about $300, or the new board about $500-$600

The green light is supposed to blinks for about 70 seconds, if it never stops something is wrong like the bad power supply , it also could be a different problem that would involve repairing a board inside the electrical chassis section or a bad light engine damaged the chassis.

If you want more help from me about this TV First ,please tell me your technical ability,

1 I can solder and check voltages and want to know what board/part is bad so I can fix it myself

2 I am pretty good at figuring things out, but do not want to open the Tv up

3 I just know how to turn on my TV

This way, I can help you without getting to technical unless needed.

If I have helped you with your issue please click accept.

If you have more questions you can still respond until this post expires,

I will reply asap