Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Master Electronic Technician
Experience:  Nearly 4 decades of installing and repairing TV's of all types.

I have a Viewsonic N3752w tv that has quit turning on, can

I have a Viewsonic N3752w tv that has quit turning on, can push power button on tv but nothing happens.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 6 years ago.
GreetingsCustomer if you disconnect the power to the TV altogether for at least one hour and plug it in, what happens? Is there any indication of the TV having power such as an indicator light or click when powered?

Based on past history of this model, the most likely cause is the power supply. In many cases there have been defective electrolytic capacitors which may exhibit a visual appearance of having domed tops, swollen or leaking onto the power supply circuit board. Part numbers for the board should be either FSP271-5F01 or 9OC2710200.

If you need additional information, please let me know.

Edited by Dan - Master Tech on 11/18/2009 at 5:16 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The ( power standby ) red light was on. I unplugged the power cord last night then plugged it right back in. After that the tv has worked fine so far. Does it sound like the power supply or capaitor might be going bad?

Occasionally a stray static charge or voltage surge will upset a circuit enough to cause it to malfunction. Removing the power completely can often allow it to dissipate and reset. If you find your problem becomes progressive, then it would most likely point to the electrolytic capacitor problem that plagues that power supply assembly. The cap problem is not unique to your TV and is quite common among different brands that use the FSP supplies.