James, Technician
Experience:  AV Service Engineer (4 Years)

I am attempting to program an Onkyo RC-738M remote control

Customer Question

I am attempting to program an Onkyo RC-738M remote control to operate an Olevia lt32hvm HDTV. The remote control code in the Onkyo manual, 1610, does not work. I have successfully configured the RC-738M to operate other equipment.
Category: TV
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Hi There,

If the codes that you have found in the Onkyo documenation do not work, then unfortunately the remote is not compatible with the Olevia TV, the remotes only come preloaded with a certain number of codes and it is quite possible that the remote was manufacturered before the TV existed, as a result Onkyo would have been unable to include the code.

I personally recommend the logitech harmony series of remotes if you are looking for one remote to control everything, they have the luxury of being updatable, so will work with equipment that you have yet to buy, you update them using your computer through a simple interface. The same interface is also used for the programming of the remote which is a simple step by step process.

Hope this clears things up