TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

Quality 37 inch LCD TV; No more than 34.4 inches wide

Customer Question

Is there a quality 37 inch LCD TV available on the market that is no more than 34.4 inches wide, in total? I have limited space for this television. Thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 6 years ago.

For a quality TV, you want to stay with a well known brand, such as Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, etc. A 37" LCD TV to stay within your width requirements is difficult; however, Sears has a 37 inch LCD Samsung TV that has a length of 31-1/2" and its available here.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This Samsung model is 36.1" wide. See the attached link. It is not listed correctly on the Sears web site. Please do your homework. It should not have made sense that 37" TV would only be 31.5" wide. Here's the link from Samsung:
Expert:  Rod replied 6 years ago.

The 37" measure is a diagonal measure on TV screens not the width, Diagonal measure can be more than the width.

I will opt out, perhaps another expert can assist better.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know that is a diagonal measure. It should still not have made sense to you, as most 37" TV's run in the 35" to 40" width range. You would have been better off to admit that you made a mistake here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

This will fit....

You're going to have to accept the fact there is no 37 inch TV that's 34.4 inches wide

Besides, you don't want the buttons on the side panel jammed up against your cubbyhole anyways. And you do want some air circulation too...

32 inch is a better solution.

If you have any more insults, please launch them now

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You have accused me of making an insult, yet I don't believe that I have stated anything but facts. And, unfortunately, you assumed the width restrictions were walls in a "cubbyhole", which is not the case. The TV will have plenty of air circulation and I will have access to any buttons on the side (at least 2 inches on each side in most areas). It is not a solid wall casuing the width restriction. If you have any more insults, please launch them now. I will try re-listing the question, and perhaps someone will respond without making accusations of me.