PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

hi ya i bought a 42 inch samsung plasma television may 2007,

Customer Question

hi ya i bought a 42 inch samsung plasma television may 2007, as its year warranty is over i have to get someone to sort it myself

basically the only thing thats happened is it keeps switching itself on and off repeatedly then works fine for between 15 mins to and hour then does it again. have you got any idea whats wrong with it? thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.

What is the model no. of the TV?

Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

PS42Q96HD

thanks

Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
Okay. Does it completely turn itself off or the audio remains?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it turns off but then repeatedly goes on and off over again. the blue light on the tele flashes like its trying to turn on. but when on its absolutly fine. but then happens again.

thanks

Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
When it turns off, what is the condition of the power LED?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the blue light is normal same brightness
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
Okay. First of all try dusting the back properly. Opening the back is not a hassle so don't panic. Use canned air because it is effective. Leave the unit unplugged overnight and let me know the results. In case it won't help, you have to remove all connectors from the power board and turn on the TV. If it stays ON, then its fine. If its fine, then connect the sustain board one by one and see if they are good or not. Then move to the buffers connected to the respective sustain board. If you want to repair it yourself then you should be having proper knowledge about the internal circuitry of the TV.
You should also require a multimeter and soldering equipments and schematics.
If you wish to take it to a repair shop would you like to have an idea of the cost of repair?
If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Pramit

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated
PramitP, Technician
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thank you and yes would you be able to give me and idea of cost?

Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
It would cost you around $350-$600(in US)

Regards.

Pramit