Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I wanted to set up my Aquos LC 26D42 TV to antenna mode so

I wanted to set up my Aquos LC 26D42 TV to antenna mode so that I can receive HD signals but the Antenna Mode is blacked out on the Menu options so that it cannot be selected. Why is this? Can I fix it? Can I receive HD signals from Air rather than cable?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using this service

Welcome to JustAnswer

You need to get the set into "digital" receiving mode using the input button to toggle to digital reception then the antenna thats greyed out should appear,so in other words you shouldnt be in any other input AV1 or EXT1 etc only digital

Please let me know how you go here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The input was set at "TV" so I toggled down to "Input 4" which had HDMI in ( ). Then I went under menu but then there was no channel setup feature. I'm totally lost and don't think I can figure this out. Thanks for your time. Please refund my $. Thanks, Payson

HDMI and the antenna are entirely seperate inputs

Their wont be a channel set up feature in HDMI its an input for other kit

If you want to tune the channels in via the antenna you have to be in TV mode and as its digital only now digital mode assuming its digital built in I havent checked at Sharp as the site is down

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
got it. so from TV mode I still dont know how to get into "digital" reception from there. so back to square one. i dont think input is the right button to hit to change it to digital mode as far as i can tell. so i still dont know how to get then antenna mode activated. besides, can I even pick up HD channels with an antenna? payson

Not HD channels no

Digital channels yes

There should be a toggle switch to go from digital to old analoue sometimes its the TV button sometimes its another marked DTV usually?

I dont have an operators manual for this set so Im struggling a bit, we are Sharp agents too!