Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
14666028

We have a 32 inch LCD Polaroid TV. The remote went up and will

We have a 32 inch LCD Polaroid TV. The remote went up and will not perform many functions now. We ordered a new one from the store, which looks identical, but we are unable to figure out how to get it to work. We are fairly sure it's a programing problem, but can not find out how to fix it and the store is no longer in business. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
HelloCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

Note it's always possible that you have a problem with the IR receiver, but that is less likely if you have still some function working on the original remote. Also if the other remote don't work at all while the original work, there might indeed have a problem with that new remote.

Here is what the original remote should look like: FLM-3201 original remote

That one is the same as for an audiovox model but i also saw the same model for a Advent and also an Insignia TV. This site list it on a separate page, so perhaps there is 2 similar plastic case with different code internally. As the substitute link for the advent TV, it eventually lead to the 6670QBA0-B17-R remote but not the remote for the FLM-3201, i think there is definitively a difference internally between the 2.

I suggest you to contact the folk at the site i linked and ask them about it. They also have a remote fixing service. Polaroid remote are often problematic to replace with universal remote and often require the real original remote.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Both remotes look like the photo in your link including the Polaroid name. The old one has on the inside of the battery compartment the numbers: 66700BA0-006 (below this

A054605), the new one has: 66700BA0-001 (below this A051605). Does this mean anything to you?

Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
Link to the 66700BA0-006. this look just like the 66700BA0-001 but the 006 is still available. I think that if they don't refer to it as a possible substitute it must be internally different (Polaroid don't build TV, they just brand TV from other makers).

What is weird is that the 001 should be the one for the model you have and not the 006.

If you don't know the story about the set, perhaps it was fixed with part from another TV, i don't know enough about those model enough to know if this could be the case.

If the 006 worked before, you could try to get another 006.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think I reversed the numbers, the old one is the 001
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think I reversed the numbers, the old one is the 001, we did by the TV w/remote new from Circuit City before they closed down
Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
That make more sense. In that case you need another 001. That place have a preprogrammed one a bit expensive but not as much as an original one: remote link. Note that the preprogrammed one only do TV function.
Martin, Technician
Experience: Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you we'll do that
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just dropping you a line that I just found a new remote like we need on Ebay for $50. Thanks for your help.