Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

LG DLP TV wont power up. Red indicator lightjust blinks when

LG DLP TV won't power up. Red indicator lightjust blinks when I try to turn TV on. Tried turning TV off to reset but that doesn't do anything.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

Normally friend the only problem with this unit is a Bad bulb ((click on highlighted word))

Good luck friend..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bulb is fairly new and lamp indicator light never came on. Pulled and it looks good. The bulb has already been placed and did have same symptoms. What else do you have?

This is a very common sense approach.

First I would like for you to open lamp door make sure the lamp switch is in the down position, Make sure the bulb is plugged and good, remember if bulb is over a year old it is a suspect, turn unit on listen closely to a wheel start to turn first this is the color wheel and the crackling of the ballast second. If you can here the crackling or see a spark from the ballast it is good and lamp is the suspect. If not, power supply and ballast suspect. (Pull lamp out and close the door tightly then turn on unit and listen for the ballast). Also do this test Were the wire is that runs from the ballast to the power supply, make sure it reads around 300vdc if it doesn't you need a power supply if it does you need A BALLAST. You can make sure the capacitors close to the connector are flat on the top if not you may have bad capacitors. It will be easy to see if the power supply and ballast has bad capacitors they will not be as flat on the top as the good ones, this is the problem. Also intermitting shut downs, This can be caused by the lamp switch, make sure switch is in the down position and the thermostat which is on top of the lamp housing, both can be tested buy shorting them out and running TV if any are bad Exchange them and you will be ok, lastly intermitting shut downs, lines in the picture can be the digital board this is a good tip on digital board

Good luck friend, and if unit works fine, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Picture of a ballast Capacitor pictures

Hope my efforts are appreciated

Thank you