Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

My 3 1/2 year old Magnavox 15MF/20MF Series LCD TV has suddenly

My 3 1/2 year old Magnavox 15MF/20MF Series LCD TV has suddenly (while turned on) lost its picture. The sound and remote work but there is nothing on the screen (solid black), not even the menu comes up. Have unplugged and disconnected cable with no luck. The tv is not connected to anything else. All other tvs in the house are working properly. Model # XXXXX Series #BZ000542181064 Thanks for your help. AW
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

( please click on high lighted words)

First make sure to hit the menu button on the TV's remote and if nothing is there then friend while the set is on turn a bright flashlight on and shine at angle into the set push the TV menu button if you can see a image then your backlight is not working. You can also check the transformers they are close to were the wires plug into the panel, make sure all transformers read the same amount of resistance if not you have found a bad one. Now you will have to check to see if the power supply is sending 24v to the backlight, if not the power supply is bad. Cost backlights around 150.00 and power supplies around 100.00. Well this should help you friend.

Good luck friend, and if unit works fine, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Here is A link to better understand the inverter. within the power supply the capacitors