Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

I am trying to hook up cable to my ilo tv model #PDP4210EA1,

I am trying to hook up cable to my ilo tv model #PDP4210EA1, serial #60031276 and for some reason it wont pick up the channels, I hook the cable to another tv and the channels come through, so the problem is with the ILO tv. Help please!
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

please run the channel search in the menu setting

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I already did that
Ok friend this unit needs a main board
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So now what do I do? This TV has been hooked up to cable before and worked. What is a main board?

before buying a main board try your dvd or vcr player to the input you use as cable if a no go then

The main board is the unit that has the inputs for all of your external toys DVD,VCR so forth, you will have to open unit and read the name on the board, so we know who makes it and get the part number also.

These are some part stores, CALL THEM IF POSSIBLE always check with manufacturer , And you may need the name of the part and its part number off the part itself

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The tv has the cable going through the vcr/dvd box and it still wont work but we can play a tape or dvd and see it on the tv. connecting the cable from the vcr/dvd box to another tv works fine. can see all the channels. on the tv in question, we have it on the dtv setting screen and it is blue with words saying scan for channels, we do that and it picks up nothing.
friend i will have some one else help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your help though. You have been very patient with me. I sure hope I can get this fixed...:(
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.
No one has help yet so,,, i would like for you to run the cable from the wall to the tv,,,no in between connections reprogram the unit and let me know
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
we already tried that and same thing...nothing.

But if you hook the dvd player to the same input it works???

And you have tried reprograming using air and digital

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes the dvd player works and we have tried reprograming still no channels picked up
ok,, if you followed my instructions,, then my answer has not changed you need a tuner board