i am trying to hook up my new rca rtd315w. i have it so the

Customer Question

i am trying to hook up my new rca rtd315w. i have it so the dvr plays and i can get the surround sound. but when i try my tv it is not workin ...can you help me.... thanks, cindy
Category: TV
Expert:  protek480 replied 6 years ago.

Hope this helps, it's all here for your connectins!

Hope this helps…
Please hit green 'ACCEPT' button for my time.

Positive feedback is like a tip.

Thanks, Craig

Edited by protek480 on 10/27/2009 at 2:46 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Craig,

I am sorry but i did not explain myself correctly. I have a dvd player that came with surround sound. In trying to connect it I had no problem getting the sound on the speakers with a movie but not from the tv. That is my problem. Thanks for responce.

Again sorry i wasn't so clear on my situation.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

so i need info to hook up sound to speakers from the dvd player to my tv the unit says it can be done......i did not see the way to hook that up on info sent to me?????

Expert:  protek480 replied 6 years ago.
The speaker system hooks to the receiver like this, follow the diagram and it will be sweet!

Hope this helps
Please hit ACCEPT' BUTTON.

Thanks, Craig
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Craig....I am still having problems with connecting the speakers to the tv......i have called help there and Sharp TV also with no help........i am seriously concedering bringing back the whole unit........I guess there is only input on the output so that is where my problem lyes.....I am going to try to find the cord for the output that i found but it is a very odd looking cord. They say because i don't have a cable box it is impossible to hook them up......i am sooooo confused !!!!! Off to there store now.....Will let you know my findings......It is a big mess !!!!! Thanks......
Expert:  protek480 replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I will try to work you through this, let me know. I hope the diagrams help. I have used these in the past for folks, it seems that "A picture is worth a thousand words".