Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

I have a Vizio lcd flat screen tv and the screen begins blinking

Customer Question

I have a Vizio lcd flat screen tv and the screen begins blinking after the tv has been on a few minutes. It does not begin immediately when it turns on, but only begins after a few minutes. What could be the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

Can you look really close to the unit and tell if just half of the screen is blinking??

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The entire screen is blinking like a strobe light. If I switch between AV and HDMI the screen works fine for awhile. Also, the problem begins after the tv has been on for a little while.

( please click on high lighted words)

First make sure to hit the menu button on the TV's remote and if nothing is there then friend while the set is on turn a bright flashlight on and shine at angle into the set push the TV menu button if you can see a image then your backlight is not working. You can also check the transformers they are close to were the wires plug into the panel, make sure all transformers read the same amount of resistance if not you have found a bad one. Now you will have to check to see if the power supply is sending 24v to the backlight, if not the power supply is bad. Cost backlights around 150.00 and power supplies around 100.00. Well this should help you friend.

Good luck friend, and if unit works fine, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks

Here is A link to better understand the inverter. within the power supply the capacitors