Eric, Technician
Experience:  TV Repairman for over 30 years, still working in the field

why does my tv lose its sound sometimes and the only way to

why does my tv lose its sound sometimes and the only way to fix it is to unplug it for a few minutes.Thank you for your help.Oh its a samsung.
Category: TV
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

Hello my name is Eric,

Welcome to Just Answer

I can help you with your issue,

Please tell me what devices are connected to the TV?

Does it lose sound on every input?

What input cables are you using?

Please tell me your technical ability,

1 I want to fix it myself if possible,

Tools that may be needed Voltmeter and soldering iron

2 I just know how to turn on my TV , want to know what a repairman may charge.

This way, I can help you without getting to technical unless needed.

If you have more questions you can still respond until this post expires,

I will reply asap

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It loses sound on everything.It will happen if u turn the tv on sometimes and the only way to fix it is to unplug the tv only that is why i know its the tv.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Eric

I have a dvd and surround sound hooked up to my tv.I have removed all these and the tv will still not have sound.I will unplug the tv for about 3 mins.and then plug it back in and the sound will come on.Could this be from a bad fan?I don't always hear the fan so i wonder if maybe something is over heating.

Thank you Bert

Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

Bert,

Do you have the model number?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi

The model # XXXXX samsung

Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

I'm researching this, thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thanks for your help
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Eric

It is time for me to retire for the night.I will check back in the am.Thank you for all your help.Bert

Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

Ok Bert, Sorry for the delay.

One bulletin from Samsung says NO audio also no chime noise (the tone it makes turning on) replace mainboard part # XXXXX about $150-$200

I thought it was a mainboard issue anyway. clickhere

Not sure if you want to replace it yourself or call a tech, Sears labor is around $230

I will reply asap

Thanks

Eric, Technician
Experience: TV Repairman for over 30 years, still working in the field