PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University

I have a 42 inch Samsung Plasma tv, Wont turn on ...just

I have a 42 inch Samsung Plasma tv, Won't turn on ...just clicks continuosly
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem.

Can you tell me the color of the power LED when you turn it on?

Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Blue
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
Do you some sort of relay clicking or does the clicking sound stop immediately?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

BLUE
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
I meant the clicking sound which you hear. Does it go away in 2-3 seconds or does it keep on clicking?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I keep tv unplugged....when plugged in....clicking begins
immediatly....Similar to the sound it would make, if I turned
it on when it worked properly......click-click...pause for 5-10
seconds...then repeat...(tv is unplugged only because it shut
down last time it worked.) A friend said his similar problem
with a Samsung tv, was a compacitor(s) on the Power Board.
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
It is the power board(also known as SMPS) There may failed capacitors(not compacitors) in it. There are three connectors(for Y-Main, X-main and logic board). Disconnect them one by one and check again for the clicking sound. For example you disconnect connector of Y main and the clicking sound goes away, that means the Y main reeds to be replaced. The order of removing connector is Y forst, X second and logic board third. If you want to repair it yourself then you should be having proper knowledge about the internal circuitry of the TV.
You should also require a multimeter and soldering equipments and schematics.
If you wish to take it to a repair shop would you like to have an idea of the cost of repair?
If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Pramit

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated
PramitP, Technician
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
cost of repair?
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
I would gesttimate around $300-$350( minimum) and the max would be around $500-$600. If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Pramit