Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Over 40 years experience ISCET Certified in Biomedical & Consumer Electronics

how do unlock a chanel on a Mitsubishi TV Model CS2610R

Customer Question

how do unlock a chanel on a Mitsubishi TV Model CS2610R?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Hello, try pressing "9" and "QV" (Quick View) at the same time using the Mitsubishi remote. Universal remotes may be labeled Recall, Last Channel, etc. instead of QV, but there is no guarantee a universal remote will operate the same as the original.

Edited by Steve on 9/28/2009 at 11:15 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have the Mitsubishi remote and finally fouond the QV button and tried pressing it and 9 at the same time. Channel 03 is tilled locked.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did come get a screen I'm not sure exactly how I got there but it ask for a code to unlock but I don't know what that would be either?

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Press QV and 9 at that point.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you have any other ideas as to how to go about unlocking this channel?
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Yes, go into the Menu... go to Channel Lock...does the lock show on, or off, at that point?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Steve when it hit input and mode it comes up with Program Time, Lock Code and other things. When it comes to CATTV if I press enter it runs thru the channels however you still can not view them since Channel 3 is locked and that is what the cable needs inorder to set the channels.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Okay, if it asks for a lock code, then press QV and 9....

If you push menu, is #5 Channel Lock? If yes, press 5 and tell me if the lock says on, or off...

Edited by Steve on 9/29/2009 at 12:17 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Steve it will not accept QV there is no QC 9. When I got the lock code request I input 0000 and pressed enter and it says it is Channel 3 when it is really Channel 2 but you cannot change it to another channel or turn off the TV because it will go back to locked mode. There must be some code that is set at the factory that allows you to unlock a channel when the code is not known.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
QC was a typo Embarassed The factory code is QV and 9 (at the same time).

If you are in the menu, then go to channel lock, if the lock is ON, go to select channels and it will ask for the code...press QV and 9 at the same time, and it will allow you to cancel each locked channel. You must go to the channel to cancel it.

If the lock is OFF, turn the lock on by entering a code, for example "1111" then, turn each channel lock off using the same code.

May I ask... are you simply connecting a cable box? If so, using audio/video cables will provide much better picture and sound (provided the EXT input is not locked). I can help with this if you like.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The cable people have hooked the cable box to the TV however you can not get any channels because the TV needs to be set on Channel 3 and it is Locked and nothing so far unlocks it. Except as I explained when I input the 4 zeros in when it finally came up and as for the Lock code then it actually brought up the picture and sound for channel 2 not Channel 3.

If you try to change the channel or turn the TV off then back on you still have nothing but talk and snow on the TV.

The cable guys tried everything they knew and could not unlock but suggested I get the mannual on line. However the mannual does not appear to be available. That is how I got to you.

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
If the cable box has jacks for yellow, red, and white cables, these will connect directly to the back of the TV. This is the EXT input and works much better. If you push Input (or EXT) on your remote and it is not locked, this is the best way to hook it up.

I know the fault with the channel lock is in my explanation, and I will not be offended if you wish another person would explain it. At times I do not explain things very well...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Steve the cable people have the yellow, red and white cables plugged directlly into the back of the TV. I finally got it to where if when I get the screen to show Locked Channel 003 and I press the Mode Key till shows Lock Code ---- come up and input 0000 press Enter.

Then it shows Lock 03 and press Enter again and the picture come on if you then switch and use the cable remote and press Guide it shows the different channels you can move to the one you want press OK and it comes up, you can also press the up and down channel button and move between the channels and you can press the numbers like 242 and it will change to the channel. However when you turn the off you have to go throught this all over again to get back to the cable. Because apparently this is only a temporary unlock. There must be some code that unlocks the channel permanently.

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
If the cable company has already connected the yellow, red and white cables, try pressing Input on the front of the TV set until EXT shows in the corner... does this bring the picture and sound in without the lock?

Edited by Steve on 9/29/2009 at 2:07 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Steve I tried pressing Input on the front of the TV util EXT came up but nothing happens.

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
If the yellow, red, and white cables are connected correctly, this should give you an even better picture than going through channel 3. Perhaps the cable installer hooked them up wrong or perhaps that input (EXT) on the TV no longer works. Please remove and check the cables to make sure they are connected properly? They should be on the OUT of the cable box, connected to the IN on the TV. If this doesn't work, one of the three is bad: the TV, box, or the cables. Odd...the cable man should know this...