PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University

My mintek tv wont turn on.When I put the power button on the

My mintek tv won't turn on.When I put the power button on the green light comes on momentarily then shuts down
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem.

Answer a few questions so that it would be easier for me to assist you further.

What is the model no.?

If it is intermittent, does rebooting help?

Did you try using different input?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model #DTV263 rebooting doesn't help switched porer plugs that didn't help
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
Do you hear any sound? What is the color of the ON/OFF light after green disappears?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
A click then the light was green then went back to yellow
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
Can you pull up the Menu?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, the only thing that happens is the green light flickers then shuts down,yellow light comes on
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
I wish I had a "press-a-button" fix for this. The problem seems to be with the power supply. There might be bad or burnt components such capacitors or rectifiers or fuse. Most of the times there are swollen caps which need replacement. The bad components are a result of heat or cold solders etc. The faulty capacitors are usually bulged and so easily perceptible. There is a 3.3V regulator which needs to be checked. The main board which gives the Backlight ON Command, needs to be checked. If it's not working then replace the main board. If the main board is fine then the last suspect would be the Control board which locks the main board preventing damage. Be careful while diagnosing because the parts are pretty delicate.If you want to repair it yourself then you should be having proper knowledge about the internal circuitry of the TV.
You should also require a multimeter and soldering equipments and schematics.
If you wish to take it to a repair shop would you like to have an idea of the cost of repair?
If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Pramit

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated
PramitP, Technician
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University