Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.

I am told RCA makes Proscan TVs. I need the Proscan code (for

I am told RCA makes Proscan TVs. I need the Proscan code (for TV model#32LB30Q)
to program my Comcast Universal Remote Control . I have searched multiple sites and cannnot find what I need.

Thank you, XXXXX

It's midnight here and I need to get some shut-eye. I will check for an answer in the morning around 7:00 am. I am then leaving the house for approximately 3 hours

Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
Hello Chloe, welcome to Just Answer.

A bit about Proscan. It was at one point made by Thompson as the high end model following the dimentia line, now they replaced it by the scenium line. In 2006 Thompson licenced the logo and the name (those are still owner by Thompson) to ON Corporation, that now manufacture them (so they are no longer RCA TV).

The code needed by the universal remote is dependent on the universal remote maker (as you can see in the proscan manual those code are different depending on the brand).

You can always try those code first but it's not sure they will work (the philips ones given have the biggest chance to work as philips do cable box.

If none work you may look into your cable box booklet for a "code search" or an "auto search" procedure. That will try a new code each time you pres a button. This will eventually cover all the remote internal database set of signals.

If this fail, then it's not possible to control that TV with that remote. in such a case, it's possible to get a remote with learning capability. Here is one for example:

That remote can record any other infrared remote, so you are not limited by a set of code. You can enter both the comcast and the proscan remote in that one.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The remote is Comcast Universal Remote. Does that help?
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
It depend if it's a 4 or 5 digit number. Here are all their current remote:
I don't think they have a learning remote yet, Dishnetwork have one for their system).

The 4 digit code i get s 0047.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I have not used this service before so I find it difficult to decide what to pay because I do not know how much time it ntook you to locate the answer to my question. Sooo, I apologize if the amount is too cheap! I'll get the hang of things as I use this site more and more.

Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
That is fine. If you propose a price and an expert accept to enter the question it's probably the right price (or a fair enough price) you don't have to feel cheap in anyway.

An expert can always tag the question as under-priced so that you know chance are slim an answer will come, and if an expert need to go the extra mile in something that at first seemed simple but developed as something very complex, then the customer always have the option to correct the situation with a bonus.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Kiss of the month...way cool!

Again, thanks for your help.