Eric, Technician
Experience:  TV Repairman for over 30 years, still working in the field
22241082

I replaced a lamp in a flat screen model HLR5067WX/XAA Samsung

I replaced a lamp in a flat screen model HLR5067WX/XAA Samsung TV the lamp number is XXXXX There were 3 light on the on button indicating the lamp was bad when the lamp was removed it was broken inside. Now the only thing I have is , on the on button I have in red blinking light STAND BY TEMP And blinking green light LAMP. One other small light can be seen in through the back, but thats all.
Category: TV
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

Hi my name is Eric,

I have read your issue and hope I can help you solve it.

First thing that comes to my mind is that the lamp isn't installed correctly.

there is a small switch just inside the lamp door (blue looking) it can be pushed up or down, with the lamp door open try holding the switch all the way down and see if the set comes on. Also make sure the lamp 1. is the exact correct lamp, if a philips lamp was in there, thats what needs to be in there now. the other types samsung uses are toshiba and osram. 2. make sure the lamp is all the way in and the screw is tight

3.make sure no wires were pinched under the lamp (or disconnected)

4.could be the ballast or color wheel is bad , check these other things first lets hope its just the switch wasn't closed properly by the lamp door tab.

But if you have more questions please respond and I will reply asap

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've purchased a samsung lamp to replace the old one and yesterday when it arrived I put it in the slat. That time the lamp lit up but shut off within 30 sec. After a few try it doesn't even light up. I unplug it and replug it but exclunding a quiet click sound nothing happening. This morning I've tried your suggestion (with the blue switch) but nothing happening. What else should I do?
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

Does the Tv make the bleep bleep noise as if its trying to come on, if it does listen closely for the lamp trying to fire. these DLPs make a few noises when coming on and I can tell if the lamp power supply is trying to fire the lamp on just by listening.

If you do not here any fans spins, you may have other problems associated with either the power supply, Ballast Pictureof one or DMD board.

I personally think you should try another lamp sounds like the lamp may have blown out when it first went on. The lamp is suspect especially if its not a samsung original part.

Another part that can cause your exact symptoms is a bad color wheel CWpicture

Unless you have an understanding of electronics I would not suggest taking the back off and poking around inside . But if you have a voltmeter and want to do more checking, the voltages to the large wire on the Ballast should be checked and the thermal fuse on top of the lamp may be popped.

Again I would first try a new lamp again (if you can exchange your new one) and make sure it is the correct one , BP96-00826A (p) notice the P indicating Philips !

check the small lamp# XXXXX on the side of your set and you should see a letter like this (t)

indicating if the lamp type is a philips (p) Toshiba (T) or Osram (O) . Samsung uses all three and has many versions even on the same model TV.

Thats why its so important to get the correct lamp.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ther is no ta-da-da when I turn it on and nothing when I shut it off. (btw I can't even recognize what happening when because once I plug it in it just blinking the timer and the lamp sign.
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

These TVs have protection circuits that will stop it from coming on, thats why I suggested checking that the door switch is closed. other than that the power supply may have popped. Are you wanting to measure voltages?

thanks

Eric, Technician
Experience: TV Repairman for over 30 years, still working in the field