Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

hi, i have the database empty message on my sharp aquos tv.

Customer Question

hi, i have the database empty message on my sharp aquos tv. was trying auto instalation, but the i am getting carrier not found message.help...
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer/p>

Welcome to justanswer!

I have to ask you some questions even if they sound rediculously simple I have to ask to be clear in my elimination

1 How did the set get to this condition?had you altered the settings yourself or did it happen on its own?

2 I can see you tried the auto-installation but did you see the set going through the tune in procedure?

3 How are you connected there ie dvd/cable/satellite/antenna and what is your main medium for watching ie cable or antenna?

If you could please post back I will continue I am a Sharp specialist

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it was working properly in the morning, but when i came back from work in the evening i couldnt watch any dtv channels, then i tried auto installation, bet then i just got the message that the carrier was not found and nothing else.

i am using an antenna

Hi again

Just a few more things

Have you checked the antenna cable is ok?and it hasnt been pulled out of the set or other equipment ie vcr/dvd ?

Is the coax antenna plug tight on the lead and hasnt come adrift?

And all other equipment tied up with the antenna is working?

For this exercise I would advise the antenna to go directly into tv

Please post back

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i do have an antenna connected directly to a tv, and i never had any other equipment connected to it. was trying to connect to antenna in another room, but it was still the same

Hi again

OK if your sure you have no issues at all with the signal coming in and the set has gone through a re-tuning procedure and failed to lock onto any channels and you have observed it searching so this would have been autotune (may come under autoinstallation) it would appear your digital tuner board has failed

Before we get to this I want you to go into the settings menu again and try the auto tune procedure again,you should see the set searching for channels before it comes up with any message.

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok, did it.. it didn found anything at all and just came up with a message.

Hi again

OK I am going over to sharp technical to see if their is anything on this but as I say its looking like the digital board is faulty

I will further advise from there

Be back soon

Anthony

Thank You for the accept