euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience:  20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,

how to adjust vertical hold on toshiba 32af43

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  euro-pro llc replied 7 years ago.

I will be happy to assist you with this question.

On the newer CRT models-after 1995 or so,there is no more vertical hold adjustment available!

There is a crystal oscillator for the horizontal frequency,then inside of the jungle chip,this frequency is divided multiple times until reaches 60 Hz.This 60 Hz frequency will be used as a vertical hold frequency!

Then the pulse from the flyback transformer is used to sync the oscillator inside of the jungle chip(croma IC).

If you do have a vertical jitter,or picture is rolling,the problem it will be the jungle chip IC(croma IC) -IC601 on the board or the circuitry around it.

This IC is a surface mounted IC,requires highly skilled and trained tech to replace it-

64 pins on about 1 square inch IC.

The only adjustments available in the service menu are for vertical size and position-no hold!-picture should be "hold " automatically.

I hope this helps,

Thank you