euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience:  20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,

LG model# XXXXX - input will not change

Customer Question

Input will not change on an LG model# XXXXX - stuck on TV mode. Input will change and power will turn on and off randomly.
Category: TV
Expert:  euro-pro llc replied 7 years ago.

A common issue with this model is the control key board(the key input board).

This board can cause a lot of issue ,from changing channels by itself,to intermittent shut off,also sources cannot be switched or they switch by themselves.

The part# XXXXX this board is:

It is available at:

I will attach here some picture showing the exploded view-this will help you take unit apart and identify the right part:

The control key board is #520 on the picture.

I hope this helps,

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, replaced the board, but still won't change input. The volume down button is controlling the power now. Any other suggestions?

Is the generic# XXXXX the new board the same like the one on the old board?

Can you change inputs via remote?

What is the model code on the back cover label-it should be something like-42LC7D-UB.AUSVLJM or close.

For the problem you described,I replaced many times this control board and always fixed the issue-possible received sub or mis shipped part?

Please provide the model code and I will double check the part# XXXXX this specific version

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I need help from my neighbor getting it off the wall mount to check the # XXXXX the board. I should have done that to begin with, but it does look exactly the same. The model code is 42LC7D - UB.BUSVLJM.

Now that you provided the model code I found a different control board that is exactly for this version-EBR35527701

Try and order it at the same "" website.You can send back the other one-they will charge a 15% restocking fee.

Sorry for the confusion,but the part # XXXXX gave you was for the model you listed.I hope this will not affect the feedback you will leave,please if you have any question,let me know,I will be happy to help you out .

Once you provided the right model# XXXXX was able to find the right part#.

I hope this board will have all the keys working just fine,

Thank you and have a great day!