PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

The picture of my Sceptre lcd tv stops after a while the sound

The picture of my Sceptre lcd tv stops after a while the sound still works. I switch it off for an hour or so and it comes on again, sometimes it runs for hours no prblems and then again it loses the picture again,
Where can I get parts if this is the tuner or whatever?
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 6 years ago.

Have you tried keeping the unit unplugged for sometime(around 3-4 hours)?

Have you tried a different power outlet?

Does the pictures dies out or gets dimmer?

Was the picture appearing dimmer before the problem occurred?

Does this happen while watching a DVD?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

1) Yes I did

2) No I have not

3) The picture dies out without warning or clicking sound. I can sometimes get the picture back by clicking DVI and then TV mode, Sometimes it last for a minute or less or sometimes it doesn'shut off anymore for a long time. I took the Tuner out and plugged it back in and it worked for a while.

4) No it did not

5)When the picture is out DVD and VHS does the same as in TV mode.

Expert:  PramitP replied 6 years ago.
Okay. I wish I had a "press-a-button" fix for this. It seems that you'll need to check the backlight inverter board. If the voltages are not correct, the panel might be gone as well and requiring replacement(very rare). If you want to repair it yourself then you should be having proper knowledge about the internal circuitry of the TV.
You should also require a multimeter and soldering equipments and schematics.
If you wish to take it to a repair shop would you like to have an idea of the cost of repair?
If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Pramit

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
A cost estimate would help
Expert:  PramitP replied 6 years ago.
I'd guesstimate around $200-$300.
PramitP, Technician
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University