Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.

Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

What is the model number on the back of the TV?

Do you still have the original remote for that TV?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

Serisl F046CB05V

I don't have the orginal remote so I purchased another remote from RCA and it won't remove it either, i tried shutting it down and leaving it unplugged.

Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
There is not much to do that simply use the remote and go into Main Menu/Preference and set FPA lock to OFF.

Are you sure this is a FPA problem? If the TV is on it should say "FPA ON" eacg time you press a button. When in FPA mode, the only button on the TV that should work is the power button, and only to close the TV.

Are you able to at least open the TV with the RCA remote you have?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, and everything you said up top is true. I can't do anyhting with the remote except turn on the TV. And If I touch a botton on the TV it only dispalys FPA lock On.

Shouldn't the remote be programmed already?

Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
I don't know, maybe this one use different signal enough.

Here is the remote that come with that TV model:
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

That is the remote I have, What about a manual.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can youy tell me how to take this lock off my tv?
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
It's as simple as i originally said. Just use the remote "Main Menu/Preference and set FPA lock to OFF". but it seem you can't with the remote you have. The IR receiver on the TV seem to work well as you can open the TV.

You can try to unplug the TV for an hour or 2. This will not remove the FPA but perhaps would remove a glitch that cause the TV to only respond to the remote power button. Perhaps the whole thing come from not having the menu button work properly.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have tried all of that and it's not working. There has to be another way.
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
Perhaps in the service manual. I don't have it for that particular model, so i will opt-out of the question in hope someone with it might help better.