Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

My Samsung TV is taking a long time to turn on and sometimes

My Samsung TV is taking a long time to turn on and sometimes when it does finally turn on
it has a lousy picture ,but if i shut it off then back on the picture clears up
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

Friend this is a very common problem with LCD and also DLP within the power supply the capacitors

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones, this is the problem,

Exchange them and you will be ok, Well good luck friend. And if it doesn't work make sure the power supply is sending 24v to the inverters when you turn the set on your meter should climb but won't reach 24v because unit will shut down and if so we ruled out the inverters or backlight I seen this problem also caused by the signal board it has a power on command missing and it looks like the power supply is bad but actually it's the signal board, it may be labeled on the board a active high or low 5v which sends the command to the power supply. Well this should help you friend and good luck

Good luck friend, and if unit works fine, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

You did have correct diagnosis,but if you are not an electronic tech it cost $310.00

to have it repaired!

most companies labor for this size screen is around 250.00 then you have your parts