Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main

How do I reset my Toshiba hdtv back to digital from analog.

How do I reset my Toshiba hdtv back to digital from analog. Someone changed it and we can't get it back to digital from analog
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA

Could you please post model number usually found on the back

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately I am at work right now but I will get that information to you as soon as I possibly can. The television is in my mother's room at a nursing home and she has no picture. When we first hooked up the television, it was a beautiful picture. Now there is only snow. We asked what happened and no one knows. Someone must have pushed some buttons on the remote and we don't know how to get it to digital. It goes to air cable and of course we cannot get cable at the nursing home. Thank you so very much for your patience.

Hi again

Thats OK

Whenever your ready

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello again. The model number is XXXXX We are about to visit her in a few minutes. Hope you can help us. Thanks

Hi

TO SELECT ANALOG CHANNELS

1-9: Press 1-9 as needed. Example, to

select channel 2, press 2.

10-99: Press the 2 digits in order. Example, to

select channel 12, press 1, 2.

100-125: Press the 3 digits in order. Example, to

select channel 120, press 1, 2, 0.

TO SELECT DIGITAL CHANNELS

Press the first 3 digits, then press the - button,

followed by the remaining number.

Example, to select channel 015-001, press 0, 1,

5, -, 1.

If a channel is selected with only audio content,

"Audio only" will be displayed on the screen.

If a channel is selected with a weak digital

signal, "Digital channel signal strength is low"

will be displayed on the screen.

The same program may be available on either

an analog channel or a digital channel. You may

choose to watch either format.

If a channel is selected to which you have not

subscribed, "Digital channel is encrypted" will

be displayed on the screen.

This seems a strange way to get into the digi however this is straight out of the operators manual

You could also try the INPUT button but its an odd one as their doesnt seem to be a toggle between analogue and digital

I will keep looking but you could try that for now

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do I put "," after the numbers? Do I just turn the tv on then press the buttons even though it says analog or air cable? Can I contact you when we get to the nursing home and try thisw?

Hi

No just the numbers thats the text gramma

I will be here for a while

Make sure you pick the right operation for the tuner air or cable should be air if theres an antenna

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am going to accept because you are very helpful but I have one more question. The tv picture should say "cable air" when we put the channel number in?

Hi again

Please only accept if your 100% satisfied and can leave POSITIVE feedback

Their are 2 options for the tuner cable obviously for a direct cable transmission or air which in your set is VHF and UHF the analogue and digital channels off air.

So its one or the other depends on what is at the home is it cable or antenna?

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Antenna is connected to the tv

Hi again

You see the antenna is mounted outside of the building usually and the coax lead goes into the tv......but so does direct cable tv so you will have to clarify which system is on at the home ie cable or antenna and set the menu for the tuner accordingly to antenna off air or cable

Its my guess its off air antenna but I could be wrong

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The nursing home has satelite dish hook up but not available for the patients. It is only on 2 tv in the family room for the patients

Hi again

If you follow that text from the user manual you will be ok

Set it to off air not cable and then follow the text if that dont work

You see the reason why their isnt a toggle button is because the same tuner is being used for analogue and digital VHF and UHF so if their was a seperate tuner their would be a seperate button that is why you have to follow that text,I have been right through the manual and that is the only reference to changing from analogue to digital

If you don t have the user manual I could upload?

Hope this helps some more

If you have any more questions please ask

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You are probably gone by now. I tried to get it to work but it did not. A message did come across the screen that said "Digital signal is low". I will try one more time tomorrow.

Hi

In that case then the signal isnt strong enough for digital please check the coax plug and cable as it may have been pulled

The coax plug the inner lead must not touch the outer braid

If the pictures are snowy on analogue the digital wont work at all

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am so sorry. It still does not work. We are going to take an older tv and antenna and converter box. You are very smart and patient - I just can't seem to follow your lead. Thank you so much for your assistance in trying to solve this problem. What do I do now as far as we are concerned?

Hi again

You see you cant just put an "indoor" antenna their and hope to receive digital channels,if you was getting digital before with no issues you must be in an extremely strong sig strength area,the antenna has to be outside on the roof

Its my belief from what your saying that you prob have mediocre analogue pictures ie snowy or ghosting,this just wont work with digital,thats why it wont set

If you press ACCEPT and can leave POSITIVE feedback it would be greatly appreciated

If you live nearby and have an antenna of your own from the same transmitter you could set it at your house then you will know for sure its set on your outdoor antenna,and then when you take back to home and get nothing on screen you will know its a reception issue?long shot?

Regards

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main