Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

my RCA L26WD21 is having trouble. its not even two years

Customer Question

my RCA L26WD21 is having trouble. it's not even two years old...bought in September of 2007. The TV turns on, but there is no picture or sound.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

When you say turns on with no picture or sound tell me how do you know its on?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the green power light is on and there is kinda like a popping sound every 5 to 7 seconds or so. The screen is completely black.
do you have sound also shine flashlight into the tv see if you see anything like whats playing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no...nothing. just the blank black screen.
Ok is this unit a LCD or CRT
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't know what those terms's a flat screen. RCA L26WD21

Ok its a LCD and normally the popping sound on this unit is the power supply, but it would be easier if you were to open it and turn it on then you will know for sure which part is popping. Well repair for this power supply and labor is around 100.00 depends on were you live. Good luck friend

Customer: replied 7 years ago. you're saying the "power supply" needs to be fixed? as in the removable cord? or is that something internal?
Yes the power supply, this cord plugs into it on one end, and then to the wall on the other, Yes it is inside the tv, i am sorry. Well good luck friend