Jeff the TV Guy
Jeff the TV Guy, Technician
Experience:  10 years expeience in consumer electronics. 3 years experience in DLP, Plasma, and LCD repair.

I have a Sony LCD Wega 42 , The lamp blew last , I said tube

I have a Sony LCD Wega 42'' , The lamp blew last , I said tube , but was wrong . It does't look difficut to remove lamp box , a tv repair shop said they would install lamp in box for 176.00 and would not be hard to out or in , but to clean the dust out good
what is the model#
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sony LCD , WEGA 42'', the lamp light is blinking , which means from talking to tv shops . The lamp has expired . I removed the back cover of the tv , last night . Everything looks to be it sections , fan which blows air into the lamp box is for cooling I think,,, an dust has gathered from use. The shop next to my work said to remove the lamp box and he would install the new one for 175's and too clean the dust very well , with light air outside. Is there any issue's in removing this lamp box , or should I take to shop and let him fix and install for total of 280.00 to save 105.00 is it worth my time.
what is the model#
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model # XXXXX , Didn't see your first reply , new to the site

You might want to buy it for yourself from

You can get it cheaper with or without the housing

This is the Osram original manufacturer replacement lamp used by Sony in their LCD TV housing part # XXXXX

Please note, this is also available pre-installed in a BRAND NEW housing.

Your housing may end with the letter "U", "E", or "C". This lamp fits each of these housing variations.

Choose your option...

$129.00 - Lamp only

$159.00 - Lamp with housing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hard to see short reply's , db
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not ment for you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Order Tv Lamp , Thank you for the lead to DLP , easy fix