Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

How can I replace my rf input on my philips tv

Customer Question

How can I replace my rf input on my philips tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- when you say the rf input, do you mean the rf connector broke of the tv or do you have a different problem?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

it is a philips 34DW850H37F

it says the televison was manufactured in 2004

yes, the rf input broke off the tv, or was pulled off. I bought the tv for cheap, but of course I didn't see the issue until it was too late. I check the power but didn't do an over all inspection. (stupid me).

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 7 years ago.

That part is not easy to repair by any means, sometimes a new RF connector can be soldered on and sometimes the tuner will need to be replaced. Either way you need to have excellent soldering skills, this is definitely not a beginner soldering job. If you have good soldering skills I can get you a part number for a new RF connector but it will not be easy to replace if you never have done it before.

You can usually get a technician to repair this for around $100 and if the tuner needs to be replaced you could be looking at $200-$250.

I am sorry I don't have any quick fixes or easy answers for you on this one, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan