Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

How good are proscan televisions

How good are proscan televisions ?

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just wondered if you have heard of Proscan televisions and if there any good

Well that really depends on the model and age. I have no clue if you are asking about a 10 year old tv or a new one on the market...

The old proscan televisions were made by RCA and were actually some of the better televisions these are the units that were made 10 years ago.

The new proscan units on the market today are not a top of the line unit but I would not say they are bottom of the barrel either. They are par for new technology I would say, most new sets do seem to brake down way before they should. Most have major problems within the first 3 years, for this reason on any new television we recommend a 5 year warranty. If you were to purchase a proscan unit and a 5 year warranty I would say you did ok. Now if your budget allows I would recommend purchasing something like a Sony, Pannasonic, or Toshiba.

Since I didn't know if you are asking about a new unit or a old one I am not sure if I gave you the information that you are looking for, if not please let me know more specifically what information you are looking for. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan