Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have Mitsubishi Medallion HDTV 1080 projection tv and Dire

I have Mitsubishi Medallion HDTV 1080 projection tv and Direct TV. Atfter two month direct tv my HD channels do not work. At the bottom of the screen it say's " Check connections or power. The connections for RGBHV or YPrPB may be invaild." Called DTV thier tech said " I never heard that one before. So it must be a TV problem." I have diconnected cables/reconnected, rest DTV. No effect. OH Help me Obwan Kanobi....

Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Nolan,

Model WS-73713

Manuf: 4/2004

Do not have problems watching non HD channels, Direct TV has duplicate channels for HD and regular. so i'm watching ESPN on non HD. PS2 works fine. do not have dvd hooked up to this tv. When I turn to ESPN HD allI get is the blue screen with the message " Check connections or power. The connections fo RGBHV or YPrPB may be invalid"

Thanks,

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

On your direct tv box, does it allow you to change between different signals? 480i 480p 720p 1080i ect?

Thanks,
Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, When I turn it to 1080 and then turn it to espn HD the dtv box goes back to 780 and I get the blue screen
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
do you mean 720?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Ok turn it to a HD channel

Then change the box to 1080

Does the HD channel work then?

Thanks,

Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. will not change from 720p
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know! I'm scrathing my head to...I'm thinking HD box.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

That is your problem, and it is actually a direct tv issue. Your tv will not receive a 720p signal only a 1080i signal.

I think you need to call direct back and tell them what is going on, they should definitely be able to fix it. It is 100% their problem.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Last thing, the signal does move around from 480 to 720. but you are right I have not seen it stop on 1080.

Thanks Tim you have been helpful.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
P.S.S. Just noticed that my local CBS, NBC HD, (1080i) works fine, but I get the massage at bottom of screen? But my local Fox,and ABC does not (blue screen)
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

The message is normal in your model, there is nothing we can do about it, there is some flaw in the DM module of the tv. So if you have a picture, just ignore the message it should go way in less than a minute.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks,
Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks again Tim. I will contact DTV for the fourth time..... I am so glad I found this site and will use again and tell all my friends.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Mike,

Sounds good, if they for some reason cannot figure it out let me know and we will continue.

Thanks!

Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

FYI.... Just got off the phone with DTV tech (a smart one) told me it is a problem with the component cables they gave me with install 2 1/2 months ago, and will shipping out better ones on monday!!!!!! I wish they could of told me that five calls ago and not tell me it was the TV manuf. problem ..... SO if you ever run into this problem in the future you have the anwser..

Thanks again,

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Mike,

That sounds odd, hopefully he knows something I don't! I would like to hear from you when it is working again.

Thanks,

Tim