Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

I have a Curtis international 19in LCD1922a that is barely

I have a Curtis international 19in LCD1922a that is barely 6 mo. old. It will not work now. The standy by light flashes from red to green with no picture at all and is completly unresponsive to remote. There is also static off and on when the stand by light flashes green. Could it be a power supply issue? The circuit it was plugged into at the house had some issues of low voltage then went out entirely. It turned out to be a bad circuit breaker at box that i changed and when i changed the the breaker and turned power back on the TV wont work. The TV warranty only covers parts not labor. Any advice? I am a electronics hobbyist although a amateur. Any advice?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

Friend this is a very common problem with LCD and also DLP within the power supply the capacitors

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones, this is the problem,

Exchange them and you will be ok, Well good luck friend. And if it doesn't work make sure the power supply is sending 24v to the inverters when you turn the set on your meter should climb but won't reach 24v because unit will shut down and if so we ruled out the inverters or backlight I seen this problem also caused by the signal board it has a power on command missing and it looks like the power supply is bad but actually it's the signal board, it may be labeled on the board a active high or low 5v which sends the command to the power supply. Well this should help you friend and good luck

main board

Good luck friend, and if unit works fine, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated