Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.

Comsat remote codes for Emerson flat screen TV

I have a new flat screen emerson TV. I need the 5 digit code so i can program it into my comcast remote control. These are the codes they furnished but do not work. 10154,10236,10463,10180,10178,10171,10623,11963.

Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.

The scary part is when you say "new flat TV". It's uncommon to have a universal remote not able to control a TV if it is lot newer than the remote.
Comcast have many models of remote, can you identify it?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It's called the Comcast Custom DVR 3-device universal remote. Comcast was here yesterday and could not program it with the codes they had and recommended I go online and try to find a newer code.

Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.

Those are the exact same codes I get here.

As that TV is made by Funai (like Sylvania also and Symphonic), you can also try those code (you may notice some are the sames):
Funai 10180, 10171, 11271, 11963
Sylvania 10054, 10030, 10171, 11271, 11314, 11963
You can also try the code search procedure for that remote, but if all these don't work, it means the TV is too new for the remote model (they are pretty lazy about that issue, and greedy to not offer remote learning feature as standard).