Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.

I need a code for APEX TV used with a Sony remote

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

I would need the model of the Sony remote. Did it come with another Sony product? If yes i would like the model of that product also.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
They don't explicitly name Apex. This does not mean the remote can't control that TV completely or partially, just that you will need to use the code search feature.

If that procedure does not work, it's simply not possible to control that TV with that particular remote. What the code search do is a brute force procedure that try every set of signal in the remote internal database. The code are merely index to those set of signals, they don't include any data in themselves.

In case you don't have the documentation on how to perform this, i link it for you:

If you bought that remote to replace a lost Apex one, with the right model of the TV i can locate one for you. (it's very common to have a TV outside of widespread brand, or a TV/DVD combo that don't work with universal remote).
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know all this already and am just looking for the code. I thought I submitted all the numbers with the original request. My TV is an APEX 2720. If you can get the working code I will pay.
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
That is not a high end remote model, it's not possible to enter new data in it. If the code search don't work, it just don't have the right set of signal internally.

The code are only 3 digit long, that don't offer a very wide choice of device (especially there is not just TV there bu lot of other system). Recent universal remote use 5 digit code and often still can't control many systems.

If you want to replace that remote, the manufacturer recommended remote model is this:
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I got this remote for my Samsung DVD, Sony VCR, and APEX TV. All except the APEX work now. My original APEX remote broke and the replacement is lost. I guess I will just use 2 remotes again. Thanks for you thoughts.