Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.

I have a Samsung TV/VCR set, Model #CXJ 1352. I use a univeral

I have a Samsung TV/VCR set, Model #CXJ 1352.   I use a univeral remote control for it, since the original was dropped by my dog into her water bowl. I accidentally hit something this morning on the remote that place the TV in a "Line In" mode. I have tried everything to get out of this mode and back to just the regular TV, but all to no avail. Do you have any suggestions?    XXXXX XXXXXpscomb
Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
Hello Betty, welcome to Just Answer.

The line-in is a button on the original remote that switch the TV from it's normal TV tuner mode to a mode to accept video from external source like VCR, Camera etc...

There is only 1 button on the remote so it must be a toggle button or one that cycle trough all the inputs on the TV and come back to the tuner.

Universal remote can somewhat map original button of different place. For exemple even if this should me equivalent as "source" "game" or "input" they might have moved that line-in to any button. You should then try to press each of them in succession until you see a variation. Of course, if you see an input button on it, try that first.

In case you want the real remote, there is that one for not not much (not the original model):
or here for the original:

But if it was activated with that universal remote, it should also be possible to remove it. I can't find the manual for that TV but some also have an equivalent button on the TV itself (it's rare bu it happen).