Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.
14090506

I was given a Mintek DVD - 2110 player, but not the manual.

I was given a Mintek DVD - 2110 player, but not the manual. I can play G-rated DVDs, but not anything higher because it says "The parental level of the player has been set. Press yes to continue." Then there is a YES box and a STOP box. The yes box has a yellow square around it.   I hit the enter button for yes, and it asks me "input password:" and a yellow box appears next to it. I don't know the password. I can go to change the level, and change the password, but need the old password. How do I get around this. I'm 58, and want to see something besides cartoons.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

I've seen this on for a while, the problem is Mintek manuals or service information is not readily available. Apex makes some of the Mintek units, I checked a couple of Apex manuals and their over-ride codes are 8,8,8,8 or 6,6,8,8 . You can give those a try to see if it will reset the child lock for you.

Only accept if this helps.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Neither one of those does any good. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

The only other alternative - is 8,2,8,8 - that is from an Aiwa unit - who sometimes makes the Mintek devices. Unfortuantely, its hard to tell who made the unit - the manufacturer - uses the same components and firmware of their own production units. I did extensive search for a manual for this and could not locate one.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That did not work either, but I stumbled on the answer and it now works. The override was 8,8,8,8,8. There are only 4 spaces, so if you put in 4 and hit enter it says incorrect. However, if you put in 8 that fifth time it starts playing. I was also able to go in and change the level permanently using the five 8s, and it popped up all five digits when it reset. I'll go ahead & hit accept, and leave you that little future advice if someone else has one of these crazy Minteks.
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

That's great news - and thanks for the tip - I place that in my notes for Minteks.

Have a good weekend - what's left.

Thanks,