James W
James W, Sr Mgr Electronics
Experience:  24 Years experience Mgr Electronics 30 Years Computers.
18589515

how to reprogram philips TV channels without remote

Customer Question

how to reprogram philips TV channels without remote ?
Category: TV
Expert:  James W replied 7 years ago.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Exactly What model TV do you Have? Are you also in need of a remote?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello

The model of tv that l have is a Phillips 29GX1990/75. I have lost the remote and need to retune all the tv channels. I have replaced the external tv antenna hence that's why l need to retunr the tv channels.

On the top of the tv there are 5 buttons, install, volume +, volume -, channel up and channel down. If l press the install button, the following options appear, auto tune, manual, fine, swap etc.. I select the auto tune button, however l have no select button to start the auto tuning.

Need your help please.

Regards

Con M.

Expert:  James W replied 7 years ago.

When you select Auto tune, USUALLY one of the Other 4 buttons will act as the select button.

On mine, it is the ch up.

But I have found that EACH of these buttons can be used on different model and brand TV's

There can only be 5 choices. I fone does not work, then you just do it again until One does work.

ALSO, I have found remotes for you. I don't know exactly where you live, but assumed it was UK because of TV model.

http://www.remotes4u.co.uk/details.php?id=86681&exp=&remdes=Alternative%20PHILIPS%20-%2029GX1990

http://www.remotesreplaced.com/remote-control/Philips/Philips-29GX1990%252F79R-remote-control.htm

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thankyou for the reply, however the advise you gave me does not work.

Any other ideas please.

Look forward to your respronse.