Conrad, Technician
Experience:  Training on many types of consumer electronics, training on Sony Samsung and JVC

I have a sony 60xbr950 60 inch flat screen bought in 2004.

I have a sony 60xbr950 60 inch flat screen bought in 2004. The picture will not come on.
When the power is on it flashes stanby in green for about 30 seconds then goes off.
Everything else seems to work fine. It is hooked up through cable. All other TV's are working fine.

Is this baby a goner? Is it the PC board? Or can it be repaired. I paid $5500.00 for it in 04 and I bought a Sony because I thought it would last.
Do you get any flashing red lights when the set turns off? If so, how many times does it flash? How long has it been since the lamp was last replaced?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

We may be getting somewhere. I just tried to turn it on. The green standby light flashed for about 30 seconds...then the lamp light flashed red.......

I have never had the remp replaced.

The place I bought it from told me today...they do not make house calls and I probably should just buy another TV.

What do you say?

I say try a new lamp. If you have a flashing lamp light, it is most certainly the first and simplest thing to try. I would even go so far as to suggest you don't approve my answer until after you have replaced the lamp and have the set working. You can purchase your lamp two ways. The first is the lamp assembly, which is the bulb and housing. It is the easiest to change and it is the most expensive way to go. A lamp assembly can be purchased by clicking HERE
Your second option is to replace just the bulb. You will have to take your current lamp housing apart, remove the old bulb and install the new one. A bit more work, but cheaper. A bulb can be purchased by clicking HERE
If you are satisfied with my answer, be sure to click on the green ACCEPT button. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them. Thanks for allowing me to assist you, and thanks for using our service!
BTW, I'm in Cincinnati, noticed you are in Loveland. Close neighbors, I do Sony service in Cincinnati and your set should be no where near retirement yet
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Do you want to come and take a look at it?

How much do you charge for service call?

Are you with a company? I assume you are qualified.

Due to site rules, I can't give out personal information. I can tell you that if you contact Sony customer service at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand ask for the platinum servicer in Cincinnati. That will assure that you will get me to service your TV, as my company is the platinum servicer and I am the only representative for my company. I have extensive training on Sony TV's including your model. I would be happy to take a look at your set, but if you want to save some money , try replacing the lamp yourself. Your set is probably about due for a good cleaning, as the multiple fans in your set will draw in any dust in the air, and I would recommend a good cleaning every couple of years.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I will call

You're very welcome!