Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

What would cause my Samsung TV to turn off on its own It has just started doi

I have owned the Samsung TV model no. TX-R2735 for 3 1/2 to 4 years I am guessing. It was purchased new. Have not had any problems out of the TV until this weekend. The TV started turning itself off. It may stay on an hour or two before it turns off. You can immediately turn it back on and it may only stay on 1 or 2 minutes or it may stay on for another hour. I have vacuumed out the back panel to make sure that it does not have any dust blocking the ventilation. I have checked all the programming to make sure that it is not programmed to turn off at a given time or after a certain time period. All of those settings are where they should be. They have not been changed. What would cause the TV to just turn off without notice?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 7 years ago.
you have to check your b plus voltage see if the voltage is not steady if not check resistors r816 change from 120k 160k also In this model, x-ray shutdown turns the tv off, rather than shutting down and going into a protection mode. The set will not have to be unplugged to restart. Found zener diode DZR01S, 6.8v .5w, leaky. and one other for this model does the menu shake once pressed? if it does check your 200v capacitor on main line make sure the top isn't swollen good luck friend