Jeff the TV Guy
Jeff the TV Guy, Technician
Experience:  10 years expeience in consumer electronics. 3 years experience in DLP, Plasma, and LCD repair.

My Samsung 50 plasma shut off and wont turn back on. Is there

My Samsung 50" plasma shut off and won't turn back on. Is there a reset button, or is it maybe a fuse, or power supply?
Do you see any led indicators anywhere? like near the power button. If so does it light up? also what color is it. And lastly is it flashing in a sequence like 6 flashes then a pause then six more repeating?

If you see no led, check the power cord and outlet. try plugging something into the same outlet.

There is no reset button, but if you have no power indicator, it is most likely your power supply.

Please let me know what you find out, I wish you the best.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No red led, no blue eye at bottom. the other items plugged in to same receptacle are working. There was no flashing lights or anything, I was in the middle of a Video game and it just shut off. Is there any fuses inside that coould have went?

Fuses, yes, but there would be a reason the fuse blew. It could be the Panel has failed, the output regulator has shorted, the Y-sustain modules are shorted, or literally hundreds or thousands of other failures. First things first, is it under warranty(under one year old). Next if not under warranty, do you want to fix this, or have a tv shop do it?

Either way, please let me know the model number so I can start researching proces of parts and known failures.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
FP-T5084 is the model. No, it is almost 2 years old. I would love to fix it myself if possible. I'm not a rocket scientist, but I can usually fix whatever i get my hands into. I'm pretty good with electronics. Not like you guys though!
Part Number BN44-00175A
Description Smps-pdp Tv
Substitute Part n/a
Estimated Weight 1 Lbs.
Total Availability 0
Estimated Ship Date 06/20/2009 or 6 days
On Vendor P.O.Yes
Core Price 50.00
Part Price 218.00
Total Price 268.00

This is the info onthe Power Supply, the most likey suspect. The fuse will be easy to spot, it is near where the power comes in. The fuse should be checked with an ohmmeter. It should read less than 1 ohm. If it is good, you might want to consider having a shop look at the set. it will cost you a couple hundred bucks, but they will replace the right board, and guarantee it for 30-45 days.

If you still want to try to fix this yourself, check all of the voltages, they should be printed on the output connectors(3-4 of them) look for things like 12v 5v 3.3v VS VA and the like. Most likely if you are missing any of these you need the power supply.

Please let me know what you think

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ok, thank you soooooo much for your time and the legwork. I think I will do a couple checks with the voltages and go from there. Again, thank you so much, you were a great help!