Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

how do i unlock my toshiba tv if i dont know the code.not even

Customer Question

how do i unlock my toshiba tv if i dont know the code.not even sure how it became locked. cant get past channel 13
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 7 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

It is important that the model number of the Toshiba TV be known. Pls postback this information.

In some models, a reset could be done to force the unit to revert back to factory defaults if all else fails. As said
in some models, and only if you would consider, this is done by:
  • press MENU;
  • press UP / DOWN to select SETUP, press Enter;
  • press UP / DOWN to select RESET, press Enter.
The above would remove glitches in settings & configurations, presets and user preferences. A reset would also require to go through the initial setup procedures again.

Good luck and thank you for using JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
cannot press enter after setup because have no remote and that option is not available using front of tv controls
Expert:  Louie replied 7 years ago.
Appreciate your postback.

Unfortunately, without a model number and a remote, I could not provide you with the information.

I would then opt out to enable other members of the site to further view your posting and provide answer(s) should it be available to them.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
51h94 is the model number