Josh C
Josh C, Technician
Experience:  I have been an electronics technician for 17 years, Tv's VCR's, DVD players, home and car audio.
11634809

I have a 65 inch Mitsubishi Medallion 1080i HDTV. We recently

Customer Question

I have a 65 inch Mitsubishi Medallion 1080i HDTV. We recently had a power outage and when the power came back on, the timer light on the front panel kept blinking. I tried resetting it but got the same result. Can you tell me what the problem may be and perhaps how to fix it? The closest place to have it fixed is 30-35 miles away and the TV is a "Monster" to move.
Category: TV
Expert:  Josh C replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Please let me know the model number of the set..It (unfortunately) is located on the back of the set on a sticker..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Im not with the set right now..Im at work..but I have the owners manual and it give 5 different model#s that apply to this set. Here they are:

Ws-55859

ws-55909

ws-65869

ws-65909

ws-73909

Will that help??

Expert:  Josh C replied 5 years ago.
greatly! they all use the same chassis - give me a few, and I will be right back!
Expert:  Josh C replied 5 years ago.
Have you tried to unplug the tv, let it sit, and plug it back in? (i am not suggesting this is a fix by any means...I just need this info to troubleshoot your set.)

Are you at all familiar with electronics repair, and are you able to solder, or do you know someone that can?

Let me know!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have tried that yes...it didnt work...I'm not real good with electronics or soldering...but Im always willing to try just about anything..gb
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I seem to have lost the connection but I'm back...did I miss your last reply back to me?? I have tried the unplugging and plugging back in...I have also tried resetting it with the reset button located on the front panel. none of that worked. I'm not that good with electronics or soldering.

Expert:  Josh C replied 5 years ago.

Nope, im here, just got your reply!

Do you know anyone that is proficient in soldering? the problem with your TV is a few capacitors that need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think I do....I'll have to see if I can get in touch with him. Where are the capacitors located and How do you get to them?
Expert:  Josh C replied 5 years ago.

ok, here is the whole enchalada, so to say...

You will need 8 of the 1000uf 25v capacitors, you can order them from www.mouser.com or you may be able to pick them up at radioshack or a local repair shop.

The capacitors in question are located in your DM MODULE inside the tv. It is the large silver box, all of the way to the left when you remove the back of the tv.

I can talk you through it, or i can give you a link to a .PDF page that was made on this exact repair..it was on a ws-55859, but it uses the same chassis your tv does - the repair will be the same.

go here for the PDF, and let me know if you need any additional help! - otherwise I will be typing until next month, lol..

http://www.jeremyburns.com/Mitsubishi-Green-Blinking-Light-Fix.pdf

Josh C, Technician
Experience: I have been an electronics technician for 17 years, Tv's VCR's, DVD players, home and car audio.
Expert:  Josh C replied 5 years ago.
If you need help during your repair, just let me know by posting a reply here!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey there! remember me?? you helped me last year with my Mitsu Rear projection (ref comments above) it worked...I was able to get that Daughter board of the Dm module and have a friend solder for me. Total cost $25 and it worked...But Guess what?? it happend again. we had a power Surge or outage. and the Green light started blinking again. Do you think it may be the same problem?? or something different??
Expert:  Josh C replied 4 years ago.

Hey there..

There is a possibility it could have happened again this soon, however...it really depends on the capacitors you used originally - if they were not a good quality 105c rated capacitor, then it IS quite possible...