Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  6 Years component level TV repair. Ex-Military RADAR and radio repair.
11676743

mitsubishi wd-52327 dlp tv has been getting darker (brightness)

mitsubishi wd-52327 dlp tv has been getting darker (brightness) over time occasionally wounld not come on with steady red light. Would come on after unplugging waiting a few seconds and trying again. Now it comes on for a few seconds and shuts off with flasing red light (3-4 code) that's all it will do. I don't know if it's the lamp, ballast or somthing else
Sorry to hear about your TV, but welcome to JustAnswer!

an error code of 34 means the lamp is faulty.

Another possibility is that the thermal fuse has a bad connection (the one on the lamp housing) I have had to hard-wire several of them in the past year or so, they mimic a lamp issue.

Try replacing the lamp as it is the most likely problem, especially judging from the dim picture.

you can get a new lamp at http://rearprojectionlamps.com/

another good place is "laptops for less"

The lamps typically last 1-3 years with regular use.

If you wan't to save a little money you can get a lamp without a housing, it is pretty easy to replace the lamp and requires just simple tools, screwdriver etc..

Hope that helps!