Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

how can I change the input (video) on my samsung tv wothout

Customer Question

how can I change the input (video) on my samsung tv wothout the remote?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Samsung TXG2045

It's about 4 years old

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 7 years ago.

what buttons do you have on the tv itself?

Thanks,

Tim

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Menu

Gives me settings which inlcude video (contrast, etc.), audio, memorize channels

No input info (no tv/vcr)

Channel up/down

Volume up/down

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 7 years ago.

Try pressing channel down untill you get below channel 1, most of the time the tv will go like this while pressing channel down...

Chanel 4

channel 3

channel 2

channel 1

video 1

video 2

channel 99

channel 98

Please let me know if this doesn't work, if it does then you will be good to go!

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When I go below CH 1 it says ANT and then stsarts on CH 69. I've gone all the way done with the cable power on and the cable power off and it still does the same thing. Should it say ANT? (I assume for antenna)
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 7 years ago.

Ok two questions...

On the back of the tv how many inputs do you have? What are they labeled?

Also what are you trying to hook up and what input are you trying to hook it up to?

Ok I guess thats technically 3 questions.

Let me know!

Thanks,

Tim

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm usually fairly good at these things but this has me stumped. I'm trying to hook up a Wii. I've got the audio/visual (yellow, red, white) hook ups connected to the back of the TV and everything else seems good (the Wii is on). I aslo have a DVD/VCR hooked up to the set and it's all on Cable. My grandsons did the Wii in another room with an ancient TV and got it to work. I know I'm just missing something.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 7 years ago.

Well it could very well be that you cannot change the input on that tv without the remote.

You need to look under the menu button, if there is not a place that says input or source then you will need a remote to change the source.

Look under the menu again real quick and let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Tim

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Tim,

Issue was that I had the connectors into the wrong inputs. I needed to connect them to the L/R variable not the mono L/R connections. It's working now.