Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  B.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication, trained in VLSI Engineering and Nanotechnology
12950047

32 LCD Protron TV. Does not turn on. Indicator light is

Customer Question

32" LCD Protron TV. Does not turn on. Indicator light is amber. When power button on top of TV is pressed the indicator light turns red. No picture, no blue screen, no sound. Please help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick replied 7 years ago.

Please provide the model number of your TV. Also please let me know how old the TV is?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
model number LU32A1A3

Manufacture date 02/21/2005 owned 3+ years
Expert:  Rick replied 7 years ago.

According to me it is a power supply problem which is quite common part as far as failures are concerned. IF you TV is under warranty then you ca get it checked and replace for free probably.

The safety feature or the protection circuits in the TV is shutting it down when it detects a problem. This is basically due to lack of sufficient power. This is basically due to capacitor failures or cold solder problems. It seems that the power required for the TV to turn on immediately is too much for a standalone household outlet, so it surges power in a series to make it enough to switch it ON.

I would suggest you to get the power supply unit checked at your nearest service center as doing that at home will not be safe and is also not recommended. This fix will easily cost you around $300 depending on the components to be replaced.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.
Hope this solves your problem.
Regards
If you think my info has helped you out please do not forget to ACCEPT.
Positive feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Rick, what is the power supply unit? Is it the DC adaptor?

This TV has worked fine up until yesterday. Can this problem just happen anytime or could I have caused something to happen when I moved it slightly (sliding side-to-side) to dust the area?
Expert:  Rick replied 7 years ago.

Actually the power supply unit is a board actually the power supply board.
You will have to get that checked.

Since this started yesterday hence there might be dust or lose connections internally. Hence do the hard reset as I said. if that does not work you will have to get the power supply board checked.

Hope this solves your problem.
Regards
Thank You.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What do you mean by "do the hard reset"?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Expert:  Rick replied 7 years ago.

The hard reset means just unplug the Tv and keep it unplugged for 4 hours. Generally that fixes some bugs on a few ICs but chanced are very less.

Regards