Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.

My 19 inch flat screen westinghouse has a white screen no picture

My 19 inch flat screen westinghouse has a white screen no picture but you can hear the voices
Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

Can you give us the model number of that TV? (it should be on the back).
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Westinghouse Model # XXXXX
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
Ok, this is a LCD TV. When this happen with those, it's because the LCD panel don't get electrical signal anymore. That let the whole panel in a relaxed state that allow all the light of the backlight source to pass trough (the white screen you get).

When this situation don't some with some kind or error code, it mean it's quite close to the final image production. The way the LCD is connected is probably the problem. This can come from a bad internal connector or just slight disconnection from a shock on the TV or vibration over time.

The solution is to open the TV and insure the cable/ribbon is well inserted on both end. (if you do so, be sure to unplug it and not touch anything else because some component can keep a high tension). If you don't feel comfortable doing this, you can go see a tech and he will perform this for cheap. He will also be able to adjust the connector properly if he see something weird about it.

It's always possible the source come from the video circuit if it's not what i mentioned, but in such a case the TV would need to make a trip to the repair shop and a cost of around $150.