Brad829
Brad829, Technician
Experience:  Many years repairing TV's, radio's and hold a Extra class Ham radio License.

I havent been able to get rid of closed captioning on my Sanyo Tv for quit

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: TV
Expert:  Brad829 replied 5 years ago.
Hi oklahoma, The control for the closed Caption is either on your remote of in a menu on your set. If you get back to me with your model number that would help. Brad
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is a caption botton on the tv remote. When hitting that button, there is an option to turn off closed captioning. However, this still doesn't take it off the screen. Janet
Expert:  Brad829 replied 5 years ago.
Hi janet. Can you get me the model of your set please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sanyo: model:AVM-36513
Expert:  Brad829 replied 5 years ago.

Good Morning Janet. I believe I have found your answer. I think you may find the model is AVM-3651G. Do you still have your manual? If not, I can pass it along to you for download.

Press the Caption Button

Use the "0" (zero) key to toggle through Caption 1, Caption 2, Text 1, Text 2, Quickcap and OFF. This may only turn off the captioning itself. If the captioning box does not go away, press the RESET button.

Please let me know how you make out. Brad

Brad829, Technician
Experience: Many years repairing TV's, radio's and hold a Extra class Ham radio License.
Expert:  Brad829 replied 5 years ago.
Hi Janet. The reset button is located right next to the Power button on the remote to the right. Have a wonderful day. Brad
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Brad,

I decided to accept the charges...even though none of these methods work. I am sure they are the correct techniques to get closed captioning off...however, it still doesn't come off. I feel you have given me enough time, so I will accept. If you happen to run across anything else - just email me. Thanks for your time. Janet

Expert:  Brad829 replied 5 years ago.

Hi Janet, Its no problem. Do you have the manual? I want to help you find an answer. This stuff is right from the manual. Page 14 in the file below.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nzqimj2ljdq/Sanyo AVM-3651G.pdf

You can press the reset button twice and do a new channel scan. this defaults the TV to factory specs and will take away the closed captioning. Brad

Janet, I get half of $9.00 so I get $4.50. Look at page 14 and give the instructions a shot. Brad

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Brad,
Thank you so much for your time. I called Sanyo, and when they heard that the steps I was taking were correct, but still not working - they said it was not the tv. It was either the signal from the tv station or a situation that comcast could help get off the screen. I called Comcast, and they took me through the steps on the comcast remote control to default the captioning. It worked immediately. I am glad to learn of your site. I think in many situations I can use you if any problems come up; however, I should first call comcast and rule that out. Thanks you, Janet
Expert:  Brad829 replied 5 years ago.
Thanks janet for being you. I was glad to be able to eliminate one piece of the puzzle. Please don't hesitate to call on us again. Maybe if i had been aware of the comcast connection, I would have had you do the same. This is a worldwide service and one never seems to know where the question is coming from. Glad it is all working. Brad