Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.

I have purchasred a dtv converter box DTX9950 and the converter

I have purchasred a dtv converter box DTX9950 and the converter box is not controlling the tv, the old remote is still controlling the TV even though it is set on channel 3. What am I doing wrong.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

Did you program the new remote control to control your TV? What is the make and model number of your TV?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

AFTER TV IS ON I'LL PRESS A NEW STATION AND ALL i GET IS NO PROGRAM OR WEAK SIGNAL AND THAT'S ALL IT LETS ME DO. WE HAVE EVERYTHING THRU COMCAST. THE TV IS RCA AND MODEL #13320, I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

I'm a little confused. If you have Comcast cable you do not need a converter box. A converter box needs an antenna, do you have an antenna connected to the converter box? Also, is the TV model E13320 - a small 13" TV - I cannot cross reference 13320.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES MY TV IS A SMALL 13" TV FOR THE KITCHEN. I PROBABLY BOUGHT THE WRONG CONVERTER BOX. I ONLY WANTED TO GET MORE STATIONS THAN WE HAVE. I RENTED A BOX FROM COMCAST AND IT GIVES ME MANY MORE STATIONS THAN i HAD. i JUST WANT THE SAME STATIONS FOR MY OTHER TVS.
Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

That converter box is for over-the-air Digital TV stations. It needs an antenna, the cable coax will not work as an antenna. Do you have an antenna that you can connect to the converter box?

Thanks,
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience: FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO, AND i REALIZE i HAVE TO BRING THE BOXES BACK. WHAT DO I HAVE TO PURCHSE TO GET MORE STATIONS ON CABLE? DO i HAVE TO PURCHASE SOMETHING FROM COMCAST?
Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

You will have to get a cable box from Comcast for the little TV to get cable signals. From the information I have on that TV, it is not cable ready (cannot tune cable channels). So you will need a converter box from Comcast. Tell them it is a small "Kitchen" TV and it will need a coax input.

Thanks,